The goal of the International Trends and Services facet is to provide opportunities for tangible service in other countries.
ITS Facet Mission
- To promote international programs that provide humanitarian outreach (health care, educational, basic human and cultural needs).
- Advocacy on behalf of oppressed or victimized people from developing nations of African descent.
- Global awareness among youth.
These Initiatives and Programs include:
ITS National Programs
- The Links, Incorporated Delegation to Liberia, Ghana and Jamaica
- Signature Program: Education Across the Miles
- Safe Motherhood Initiative: Maternal Waiting Home
- Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) Program Initiatives:
- Model UN
- Links International Foreign Affairs and Business Empowerment for Youth (LIFE) Program
- Linking with Haiti to provide Women’s Survival Kits
ITS Past Chapter Activities
- Linking to Jamaica Campaign
- Donations to build a school in Africa
- YWCA Central Alabama Domestic Violence Awareness Month (Candlelight Vigil)
- Birmingham Civil Rights Institute (FBI and Human Trafficking)
- UAB Commission on the Status of Women